Steal the Look: Amy Adams at the Academy Awards
Last night while watching the red carpet of the Academy Awards, I was instantly in love with Amy Adams’ look.
A conversation began — when we’re up for the big awards of the evening — such as Amy for best actress in a leading role — does it demand a distinct type of look? Should that actress win, her moment of acceptance will be looked back upon for decades. She needs to be classic, elegant, timelessly beautiful.
Amy Adams achieved that last night, celebrity makeup artist Stephen Sollitto created a simple, sophisticated look. “She wore a stunning sapphire blue Gucci gown, modern and clean. Obviously, I am inspired by this color and simply wanted the makeup to be just as sophisticated.”
Below, he breaks down the steps he took, and that you can take, to steal her look.
- · Sollitto prepared Adams’ skin using RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195). “I always moisturize with this product. This is the line I use on myself every day. Prepping the skin is just as important as the makeup you use,” Sollitto says.
- · Next, he applied Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (coming soon) to create the flawless complexion we were all marveling over. “This foundation is simple to apply with a wet sponge or your fingers. It’s long wear, oil free and lightweight. In the end it gives you a matte finish so you don’t have to dust your face with loose powder, it’s built in,” Sollitto says.
- · Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Terracotta ($24) to Adams’ lids and contrasted the look by applying Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat ($24) under the star’s bottom lashes.
- · To keep Adam’s eyes looking ”bright,” Sollitto dotted his “ideal champagne shade,” Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sugar Frost ($26) to the inner corners of Adams’ eyes.
- · He applied Nars Eye Paint Liner in Tatar ($25) along the star’s upper lash line to make them “pop.”
- · To finish, he applied Dior Black Out Mascara ($25) to Adams’ lashes.
· Sollitto applied the perfect “spring-like blush,” Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color in Ravish ($56) to create a look “that was flush with color.”
- · Sollitto noted that he wanted to achieve a lip look that was “pretty, a little bit rosy and glossy.” He used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Cozy ($25) which he described as “having the perfect punch I was looking for.” He then layered Tom Ford Beauty Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Crush ($45) over it “for a bit of glamour to match the day.”
What do you think were some of the “winning” looks at last night’s Academy Awards?