Steal the Look: Katy Perry at the Super Bowl Half Time Show
Whether you are into football or not — there’s no judgement here! – chances are you tuned in to see the half-time show, starring Katy Perry!
Katy’s celeb makeup artist, the amazing Jake Bailey, created her look, and shares his beauty breakdown right here, so you can steal the look at home!
“Today is one of the most exciting days of my career!” says Bailey. “Knowing my work would be seen by millions and millions of people I’ve been understandably nervous. Katy’s performance had multiple costume changes so I needed to create a strong look that would complement all of her outfits, as there was absolutely no time for a touch up in between the quick changes. It’s the Super Bowl after all!”
” I decided to go with a classic Katy look — elongated cat eyes, lots of mascara, super sparkly gold and silver glitter, and a bold red lip for glamour and showmanship. I wanted her to glow and sparkle for her big moment in just nine steps!” says Bailey.
Check out Bailey’s how-to right here!
- To create a sheer and flawless canvas, Bailey began by buffing a dime size amount of COVERGIRL Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige all over her face and neck.
- For an elongated cat eye, Bailey used COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx and painted a glitter adhesive just above the black liner and carefully placed a mix of gold and silver glitter on the adhesive with a tiny eyeliner brush for precision.
- “Then I applied COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes to add warmth and dimension. I love this palette because it takes the guesswork out of getting gorgeous eyes, it has number for the shades – 1,2,3,4 – so I know just how to apply! I used the fourth shade to define the crease and the first shade to highlight the lids!” says Bailey.
- Bailey finished the eye look with an aggressive lash curling and two coats of new COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara in Very Black that left her lashes voluminous and touchably soft throughout her performance! No time for flakes during this performance.
- To give her brows shape and structure, Bailey added COVERGIRL Pow-der Brow + Liner in Dark Brown.
- For extra dimension, he warmed her cheeks using COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Roses using the lighter shades on the apples of her cheeks and the darker shade in the hollows of her cheeks
- Then he added COVERGIRL truMAGIC Luminizer to her cheekbones and brow bones for a shimmery glow.
- “Moving on to the lips, I lined and shaped her lips using COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Hot. I then applied a coat of new COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Seduce Scarlet – truly a classic red, for a classic Katy look!” says Bailey.
- Bailey topped it off with a tiny dollop of COVERGIRL Lip Lava in Mauva Lava for a fun and bold lip look!